Monday, June 18, 2012

People say they Love their iPhones more than Sex?!



Every time you look around you see someone with an iphone. Whether they're texting, talking, googling or playing numerous dumb games, you can't escape Americas love for iPhones-( I even walked by a homeless guy the other day and I swear he was on one too). I personally don't own an iphone ( I started with a driod), but it seems people are taking their love for the shiny electronic a bit too far.

According to a survey released by Gazelle.com, a high-end consumer electronic trade-in website, 65% of iphoners can't live without their precious device. In the techno-crazed era we live in, this statistic didn't surprise me, what surprised me was that nearly 15% of respondents said they'd rather give up sex than go a weekend without their iPhone.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised by that since more than 25% said they "almost always" use their iPhones in social settings like during dinner or at a party- No wonder why iPhoners aren't getting lucky they're too busy doting over their phones!

The survey goes on to say that 4% of respondents said they've even used their iPhones while having sex. (This part of the report I am still skeptical on- how is that even possible.. either your unbelievably desperate and don't mind your partner texting while your doing the deed or.. or I don't know, maybe the tech obsessive iphoners are paring up and texting each other during sex... i.e  "that's the spot :)"... "say my name : p".

The iPhone turns 5 on June 29th.. If this is how much our society is addicted to the flashy apple symbol now, what can we expect to happen in the next 5 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment